Position: NYC Market Manager (Sales)
Who we are: —We make beautiful cold-pressed juice from misfit produce in DC; we use
surplus, seconds, and fresh-cut scraps to fight food waste in DC + NYC
Start date: 1/1/2017 or ASAP
Reports to: Co-Founders
Location: NYC (travel to DC once/month and greater NYC area as needed)
What it’s all about:
This is an opportunity to be the first sales hire in a fast-growing, ambitious company that’s working to reimagine how people engage with food + find meaning in the misfits. As NYC Market Manager, you’ll be in the thick of it—you’ll build sales infrastructure with distribution, brokerage, retail, and field marketing relationships and own one of the largest (if not the largest) consumer markets in the country
- Care about the environment, people, and food.
- Will put in legwork to understand customers—both buyers and consumers.
- Enjoy hustling—you’re scrappy, you love being an underdog, and you can figure things out on the fly.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Are independent: you check in frequently and crush it when you’re on your own
- Have 2-3 years of experience in sales within a consumer packaged goods company (preferably beverage and/or natural products).
- Create detailed plans for progress and hold yourself accountable to those plans.
- Know that language is power, and you treat your emails, docs, and conversations accordingly.
- Are an Excel whiz-—you embrace pivot tables and understand why vlookup ≠ index-match.
- Create and manage partnerships with distributors, brokers, retailers, and field marketers.
- Create (with Co-Founders) and execute a monthly volume and distribution plan.
- Conduct “route rides” with our distribution and brokerage partners.
- Assist with annual purchase and spend forecasts and execute and evaluate on a monthly basis.
- Drive sales through demos and managing field marketing partners.
- Establish promotion calendars, new items, and retail programs where relevant.
- Collaborate on PoS materials with marketing team.
- Log key activities and prospects in CRM platform.
At the end of the day:
We offer a competitive salary and equity and free juice, but more importantly, the chance to build with us a company that reimagines how people engage with food by fighting food waste. We’re a small team but a big community. Our investors, the Chobani Food Incubator, the Halcyon Incubator, and countless others are all on this journey with us. We do fun things as a team (often outdoors), we’re always learning, and we hope you can join us on this wonderful + crazy ride.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Cover Letter
- Your favorite food (and why)